Hello. Today is day 22 of my 60 day challenge to become a Unity Game Developer!
So, I finished my game!!…..well, sort of /not really….. But still, happy happy day! I finished all of the challenges but still need to take a day or so to fix all the “bugginess” and clean it up a bit. I’m really hoping to be able to post the game live to my website sometime tomorrow or Thursday. Super excited to unveil the final game!
Take a look:
Some things I worked on:
- Added a sliding bar to represent power left in thrusters. It works by decreasing in relation to the gameplay time. When it gets too low player has to press x to refill or else it slows player’s speed.
- Created new behavior for enemies that evade the player’s lasers anytime it is within a 3f range. Also created a bool that can be set to true in the spawn manager 1/3 of the time so that it can be applied to all enemy types.
- Updated laser script to include a feature that will shoot up at the player.
Some other stuff I worked on:
- Rearranged UI so that less of the gameboard was obstructed by components.
Final Touches to be made tomorrow :
- Update UI some more.
- When homing missile instantiates in game play right now it has trouble finding the enemy. I have a feeling that it might have something to do with it not looking for enemy instantiations.
- Make some minor changes to lasers, esp. super laser.
- Make some changes to boss behavior. Love how scary it is, but do want to make the transition into the last level smoother.
- Need to make the game a little easier somehow. At this point I need about 1000 rounds of ammunition and 1000 lives to make it to the boss.
- Probably more stuff than I can think of at the moment :-).
Some Challenges I faced:
- Today was a good day. Got a decent amount done so no complaints.
Excited to try and polish this game up and have it live! Also excited to move onto a new cinematography course!
See ya tomorrow.